Top twenty things one MUST do to become an awesome writer in no particular order as long as you're actively working on all twenty :)
1. Become an active blogger (don’t have a blog, start one now!).
2. Use self-imposed word count per hour, per day.
3. Accept all forms of criticism and learn to grow from it.
4. Edit, edit, and edit again.
5. Live passionately!
6. Write without distractions (and yes, that means no Internet).
7. Listen to how people talk.
8. Read lots of books, both good and bad.
9. Avoid passive voice.
10. Limit the use of adjectives and adverbs.
11. Make writing a priority.
12. Keep squeezing words out even if you feel uninspired.
13. Tell everyone: “I’m a writer.”
14. Recognize your fears and overcome them.
15. Join a writing group.
16. Break out of your comfort zone.
17. Deconstruct and analyze books and articles you enjoy reading.
18. Socialize with other writers.
19. Stretch or exercise in between writing.
20. Take risks – don’t be afraid to shock!
“you can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” --Stephen King
Thank you to Mary Jaksch at www.writetodone.com for the inspiration!
Until next time friends!